Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas Gifts & Celebrating 2014

Oh, hi, remember me? Sorry it's been so long, but the holidays called for a much needed break. My shop is back and at 'em in 2014 and I've got 3 mobiles in my order queue that I can't wait to share here. I'll be featuring one next week that I just finished up today, and I am so excited to show off! 

Huzzah - it's only almost a month after Christmas, but better late than never, I say. I wanted to share some handmade Christmas gifts I made for my friend's little ones. I didn't get a chance to give them to them until the first week of the year so I had to wait to share them here.  Pinterest is such a great place to search for tutorials for baby things. There are SO many things on Pinterest, and sometimes it requires some weeding, but I've found some great things from other bloggers to make for friends and family. 

These goodies were for a newborn: 
The red turban-retro headband was loosely based on the tutorial I found at The Patriotic Peacock
The ADORABLE little shoes were made from a tutorial I found at The Fleeting Thing


These goodies were for the newborn's 6 month old cousin: 
The turban-headbands are from the same site as above, and for the shoes, I modified the pattern by half an inch all around and changed up the toe a bit to make them different (they're for cousins). 


Since I never actually got around to posting the handmade gifts I made LAST Christmas, here are some of the links to tutorials of items I made. Most are cold weather items: 

Earwarmers by Deliacreatures: I made a few of these for friends with more simple patters, but made the one with GIMONGO bows for myself. I pretty much love love love it and it keeps me ever so warm! 

Bow scarves by Ruffles and Stuff: I'm keeping this one in my pocket for future little ladies. I also made some for grown up ladies, because they're so darn cute! 

Lace Infinity Scarves by Wildflowers and Whimsy: I also made several of these lovely scarves, but unlike the tutorial, I used jersey fabric with lace. 

In other exciting news, I heard back from the mama who bought my last Jersey Quilt, and she reported that her son was so excited about his new keepsake that he brought it practically everywhere to show it off!! How's that for a compliment! :)  

I also got to escape a snowstorm and soak up some much needed California sunshine, and endless baby snuggles. It was so lovely to get to see my friends and to hang with my family.  My sister, who is my number one Lavender Paper Hearts supporter, also got me a sweet pro-camera and photo lighting kit for Christmas.  So hopefully you'll see that my shop photos will up their game going forward!! My sweet husband bought me my shop domain name, so be on the lookout for an official Lavender Paper Hearts website coming soon!! 


*No filter here, just pure San Clemente magic.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment