Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beautiful Blush

Hello there, did you miss me?  The semesters for the two universities I teach for are quickly coming to an end and I've had a bit more time to work on items for the shop.

I've had this lovely blush Chiffon fabric since last summer, and I've wanted to make flowers from it as soon as I picked it up, but never could manage the time.  (I purchased it in Ohio, to give you a hint about how long I've had it.)  I finally had some time a few weeks ago and came up with two different styles of flowers.

The first is a magnolia/rose type flower similar in style to the ivory chiffon hair piece I have in my shop.  I really love the soft pink color of the chiffon. It's a great subtle pop of color that's not too over the top.

Blush Chiffon Hair Fascinator/Accesory

The second piece I developed with this lovely blush chiffon is an Anemone. I was inspired by a blush anemone bouquet I stumbled across from Martha Stewart Weddings. 

Here's Martha's bouquet looks like this:
Martha Stewart Weddings

Blush Chiffon Anemone Hair Facinator


Check back in a few days for a post with some new Fancy Pet Bowtie patterns in the shop!!



No comments:

Post a Comment